My Foray Into Conspiracy Theories

My Foray Into Conspiracy Theories Image
I TOOK A JOURNEY THROUGH 9/11 CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN SPRING AND DOCUMENTED IT LIKE A DIARY. FOR THE 9/11 11NTH ANNIVERSARY I'M POSTING IT HERE IN THREE PARTS. THIS PART IS NEITHER ABOUT THE CLAIMS/DEBUNKING NOR MY OWN THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER, BUT THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND FEELINGS I HAD SURROUNDING IT. IT'S THE MOST DIARY-LIKE ENTRY, HENCE THE SUBTITLE. I COULD'VE MADE IT TWO PARTS AND POSTED MY CLOSING THOUGHTS HERE BUT THE POST WOULD BE THREE TIMES LONGER.

Introduction


I've systematically gone through a number of subjects where skepticim topics, but conspiracy theories never interested me. But of all the conspiracy theories, I encountered 9/11 theories the most.

I watched a History channel documentary that covered a whole bunch of 9/11 theories which left me feeling like the issue was fully explained, this documentary I could not remember at all when I got into an argument with my dad about the WTC collapse, leaving me with the annoying feeling that everything my dad said had been addressed and debunked, and I'd seen these rebuttals at some point in my life, but couldn't even remember what had and hadn't been rebutted. I thought about 9/11, it was on a short list of skeptic/believer issues that I had not given proper consideration to being true, not quite as dismissed as divination or angel sightings, but not like in the "received a fair trial" camp. I did some research on 9/11 conspiracies in the days following the aforementioned conversation with my dad but knew I'd just forget what I learned in time. And forget it I did. I wished I had a document that would just have all the arguments for conspiracy and have all the counter-arguments all neatly available to reference to. I wished this document existed.

Then one day I found that lost History channel documentary, 9/11: Fact or Fiction and I got myself to make that document.

Attempt at fair trial


I decided to give the 9/11-conspiracy side a fair trial. With almost every conspiracy debunking I watched I sought the other side's response I watched a 3-part response to the history channel documentary. I read conspiracy buff's comments under debunking videos, I read the debating of certain arguments on a message board and I watched a seven-part response to Screw Loose Change, a debunking of Loose Change. I found the conspiracy supporter's side where I could. To be fair, very few of the web links in the Screw Loose Change rebuttal lead anywhere, and the little I read from 911myths.com didn't have rebuttals to their specific points (although I could imagine what they'd be when the site uses quotes from government workers as evidence.) The fair hearing portion of my research is incomplete. And is hereby suspended indefinitely.

Bitching and complaining (Skip if you don't want to waste your time)

Finishing that 7-part thing before was a drag, my tide of giving a crap about this brought on by rediscovering that History channel documentary was on its way back out to sea. The final video I watched I was tempted to post on a message board with the message "Didn't watch the whole thing, just argue about it so I can skim your argument later and take whoever's word for it." In other words the longer I pushed my "fair hearing" the less fair it would be. The whole project that is this document relied on the research having interestingness and pleasantness, as soon as that was gone my attention was stuck on very rational thoughts like "Why the heck am I wasting my time with this? Who cares what my opinion on this topic is or if I give one side a fair hearing? It's not like I'll influence the decision whether or not there's a new investigation into 9/11 or anything else important. Loads of people have an opinion on this, no one's going to give a crap that I have my own or that I researched it. You know I'm not going to radically change my paradigm on 9/11 to that of government conspiracy unless I find damning scientific or legal evidence for it, and we'd all have heard of that by now if it was available, so this whole "fair hearing" thing is an empty gesture because the theorists don't have a fair chance at convincing me." I'd made my list of arguments and rebuttals. The fair hearing portion was just out of some personal, idealistic notion of evaluating both sides of everything I looked into and being intellectually fair. But the fair hearing must end now. For now.

Tags: signal detected  1969 russian ufo  super earths  ancient dead  russians ufo equally  circle has  report marks effects  usa sees crash  

{ 0 comments... Skip Comments }

Add Your Comment

 
Esoteric Library
Aliens Press © 2012 | Template By Jasriman Sukri | Adapted By Vinniy Cex Nadezhda