My Ufo Progress For One Day

My Ufo Progress For One Day Image
I had some time to work on my own stuff Wednesday as I was waiting for a customer to get back with me about quilting options on the quilt I have on my machine. I had the whole day to work on my projects! Yay! That doesn't happen often.so what did I get done?

These are all pictures of my finished green 9-patch UFO "(the first for the month and #28 on my UFO list here)". The little quilt has a classic, timeless feel from the 9-patches, so I quilted it with very traditional hanging diamonds. The binding was finished up while watching movies with the kids. I am really enjoying it and it looks nice in the bathroom!

I finished up Mini-me's dinosaur top also!

I am so excited about this one, if I hadn't already had a quilt on the machine it would be on there and finished up. I ordered the minkee backing on-line after I knew exactly how big the top would be and it is here already. I do need to piece the back before I can quilt it. I will use black to bind the quilt and it is cut and ready to put together. I probably should have used a small black border before the pieced outer border, but I think this will look fine with the black to finish it off.

Spring Stars (# 7 on my UFO list), one of my January UFOs, is bound and washed so is totally finished.

I really like the puckered up look this batting gives when the quilt is washed. This is a bamboo batting and is SO soft! I think I am going to love it for bed quilts. This may be what I put in Mini-me's quilt as it light weight to counter the heaviness of the minkee backing. Plus it will give me a very good idea of how the bamboo stands up to repeated washing and abuse.

I have worked on one other UFO also. This is my Jelly Roll String quilt, UFO #22 on my list. I ordered some bargain fabric on-line a few years ago and this jelly roll was part of it. The colors looked really pretty on my monitor, but when I got them here I wasn't in love with them at all. I gave a string workshop for my local guild back in February and used these as one of the examples. You can read about that here. Since February they have sat around in one of my project drawers until this week. I got the top totally put together with borders. There were only 23 blocks from the jelly roll, but I took the pieces and was able to make three other blocks, two of which are on the front in opposing corners.

This is the back. This also has the third leftover blockI didn't want any part of the UFO hanging around after it was finished. I will load it on the machine with the right-hand edge of fabric at the top. That will insure all the block shows and I don't accidentally cut any of it off.

See the horizontal line running across the fabric from the block? I bought quite a bit of yardage of this fabric from an outlet and it came off the bolt that way - which is probably why it was in the outlet store in the first place. I didn't really care because it has cutting horse weather vanes on it.

I still have to make up the binding for this one, but other than that it is ready to put on the machine when I have a few extra minutes between customer quilts.

Not too bad for a day's work!


{ 0 comments... Skip Comments }

Add Your Comment

 
Esoteric Library
Aliens Press © 2012 | Template By Jasriman Sukri | Adapted By Vinniy Cex Nadezhda